Can you imagine your home without decent plumbing? How would you get ready in the morning if you couldn’t have a shower? What happens if you need to use the toilet? It just isn’t worth thinking about, is it? This is one of the reasons why you should never put off having your plumbing looked at if you think there’s a problem. Your gas plumbing system is one of the most important aspects of your home. It provides clean water while removing any wastewater to keep your family safe from contamination. So, it stands to reason that you should invest a little in regular maintenance, so you don’t need to spend a fortune and be inconvenienced in the future.
It’s always a good option to call out a qualified plumber to check your plumbing. Even one little mistake can end up becoming a big problem if you’re not sure about what you’re doing. Speaking of not knowing what you’re doing, we’ve put together a shortlist of 5 myths about home plumbing you should know. Let’s take a look!
- Lemon peels are perfect for freshening up your garbage disposal. Yes, we know that lemons smell amazing. However, rather than making your drain smell nice and fruity, the peels can easily clog up your drains. Also, the majority of garbage disposal units are unable to cut up hard items such as lemon peels. Add this to the fact that the citric acid in the peels can corrode metal over time and there is just no point in taking the chance.
- It’s fine to pour hot grease down the sink. Whether grease is hot or is drained down the plughole with the help of hot water, it can and will still cause build-up that can wreck your drains. Our team here at Baywood Plumbing and Gas, Perth have dealt with so many pipe and drain issues related to pouring grease down the plughole and they’re not pretty!
- Using a plunger is the best way to unclog a sink. You need to proceed with caution when it comes to using a plunger, particularly when you have more than one sink. You see, while one may unblock, the other could back up. You could end up with dangerous splashback if you use a chemical cleaner. With this in mind, it’s always best to use a gentle cleanser if you’re plunging.
- There’s really no need to worry about a leaking tap. Although a dripping tap might not keep you up worrying at night, you can potentially end up spending a lot of money on water you don’t use. So, call Baywood plumbing services in Perth.
- Plumbing is easy as it doesn’t require any special skills. As we said previously, attempting to fix plumbing issues yourself doesn’t always turn out well. Professional plumbers are highly qualified. They are the only people who should be working on complex plumbing jobs.